Posted By : Nathan Batchelor
Sheffield & Hallamshire County FA would like to invite all clubs and leagues to take the lead on promoting disability football opportunities across the region.
Disability Football is one of the beautiful games greatest secrets and we need your support to promote the wide variety of opportunities across the region. Did you know we have over 60 affiliated teams across the county? Or that we have 4 leagues for pan-disability, mental health & inclusive football?
We all too often hear stories of players dropping out of the mainstream game as clubs are unable to meet their needs. Promoting alternative opportunities or improving awareness could help keep players in the game we all love.
Psychological barriers are the most restrictive barrier to disabled people taking part in Sport. Psychological barriers are the views disabled people have about their own capabilities & also the views on non-disabled people on what they think they can do. We can effectively remove these barriers by encouraging more disabled people to take part & engaging local organisations who already work with disabled people.
Footballs biggest secret? Not anymore, this is why we are asking all grassroots clubs and leagues to pledge their support to promoting disability football.
Prior to launching this project we consulted with a number of clubs across our area who were given the chance to sign up prior to the launch. A massive thanks must go to; Handsworth JSC, Dearne & District, Bessacarr, Young Owls, Branton Juniors, Hillsborough Pumas and Stocksbridge Park Steels for supporting us in pulling this together.
Taking the pledge
Taking a pledge is easy. Clubs & leagues can take a pledge that suits the ambitions of the club or league. The pledge can be as big or small as the club or league decides but all pledges regardless of size will contribute to raising awareness of disability football.
Pledges don’t have to cost a penny and could require very little time to complete but could have a huge impact on local football. In its simplest form a pledge could be to share the Sheffield & Hallamshire disability club directory in your club house, on your website or via social media. Our directories are ready to be sent out either by post or as a digital copy. By promoting the club directory a parent, supporter, player or coach might see this and lead another player with a disability into joining a local club.
The pledge project has been extremely successful across two other counties & we would like our clubs to join us in supporting this fantastic project. We especially want to hear from youth and adults clubs/leagues that have no disability provision but would love to help us promote it.
All clubs that make a pledge will be in receipt of County FA pledge certificate to display around their club, we’d love to share your photos of your certificates via our social media accounts.
Bronze Level: Raising Awareness
• Display S&HCFA directory in your club house
• Add the club directory to your website
• Share the club directory on your social media platforms
• Audit the players within your club who have disabilities
• Plan to develop club facilities for players & spectators with disabilities
Silver Level: Inclusive Opportunities
• Put a coach through the coaching disabled footballers course
• Put a coach through National Autistic Society - Autism Workshop
• Create a club disability football development group
• Host Disability Specific CPD workshops at your club
• Provide coaching opportunities for individuals with disabilities
Gold Level: Disability Specific Opportunities
• Apply to host recreational disability football at your club
• Set up a youth disability team at your club
• Set up an adult disability team at your club
• Set up an impairment specific disability team at your club
• Promote the England Disability Talent Pathway to eligible players at your club
Upon committing to a pledge every club will receive:
• A Your Game: Our Pledge certificate with details of their pledge
• A hard copy of the County disability football directory
• A digital copy of the County disability football directory
• A disability football club engagement guide
Clubs who achieve bronze level by the 31st July 2019 will additionally receive a voucher code for:
• A course discount voucher code to the value of £25.00 which can be used for: FA level 1 & FA level 2 qualifications.
Clubs who achieve silver level by the 31st July 2019 will additionally receive a voucher code for one of the following:
• A course discount voucher code to the value of £50.00 which can be used for: FA level 1 & FA level 2 qualifications.
Clubs who achieve gold level by the 31st July 2019 will additionally receive:
• A course discount voucher code to the value of £100.00 which can be used for: FA level 1 & FA level 2 qualifications.
How to submit a pledge:
1) As a club decide what you want your disability football pledge to look like
2) Complete the online form: CLICK HERE
3) Club will receive positive coverage via social media
4) Pledge clubs will receive direct support from the County FA throughout the season to help them achieve their pledge for the 2019/2020 season.
5) Clubs achieving their pledge will receive an incentive at the beginning of the 2019/2020 season.
Share this ...
League development day invite
Fri 16th Aug @ 16:31:21 (299 Views)
Mini Soccer Rules remain the same for the new season
Wed 14th Aug @ 11:36:43 (671 Views)
Bramley Sunnyside Ugandan Kit Appeal Follow Up
Wed 14th Aug @ 11:28:52 (207 Views)
New Funding Streams Added
Mon 12th Aug @ 08:48:21 (369 Views)
Rotherham School Boys
Mon 12th Aug @ 08:18:57 (360 Views)
Well done to Woodhouse U8 and U13
Mon 12th Aug @ 08:08:50 (261 Views)
Aden Steelers - Eid Festival
Sat 10th Aug @ 10:26:18 (172 Views)
Future Pro USA Soccer Scholarship
Thu 8th Aug @ 16:41:45 (341 Views)